recipes shown will either contain your item or your item
could be a substitution for another item.
Poached Sole in Shrimp Sauce
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Main dish Fish
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
Butter or margarine
24 oz Frozen sole fillets
2 T Finely chopped green onion
Salt and pepper
3/4 c Dry white wine
4 T Butter or margarine
2 T Flour
1 c Light cream or milk
4 1/2 oz Can medium-sized shrimp,
-rinsed and drained
1. Butter a shallow, heat-resistant, non-metallic baking dish lightly.
2. Place frozen fish fillets in baking dish and heat, covered. in Microwave
Oven 2 minutes.
3. Separate fish fillets and arrange in baking dish. Sprinkle fish with
chopped green onion, salt and pepper to taste. Pour wine over the fish.
covered with clear plastic wrap, in Microwave Oven 8 minutes or until fish
flakes easily with a fork. Baste fish several times during heating.
4. Place cooked fish on a heat-resistant. non-metallic serving platter and
set aside. Reserve liquid.
5. In a small, heat-resistant. non-metallic bowl, melt the 4 tablespoons
butter in Microwave Oven 30 seconds.
6. Blend in flour until smooth.
7. Gradually stir in cream until smooth.
8. Return sauce to Microwave Oven and heat, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes or
until thickened and smooth. Stir occasionally. Set sauce aside.
9. Return reserved fish liquid to Microwave Oven and heat. uncovered, 4 to
minutes or until liquid has been reduced to 1/2 cup.
10. Stir fish liquid and shrimp into reserved sauce until well blended.
11. Spoon shrimp sauce over fish. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 1 to 2
minutes or until heated through.
12. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Click here to view printer friendly version.
© All Rights Reserved.
This site cannot be reproduced in any way without the express written
permission of the Highland Fish Market.
Hosting and Maintenance for this site provided by NetworkLouisville.com
fish market is located in Louisville, KY ( Kentucky ). Highland Fish
Market is the place to go for Fresh Lish in Louisville. Fresh Fish at
Highland Fish Market Louisville. Louisville's Fresh Fish Market - Highland
Fish Market. Highland Fish Market is not in the Highlands. Highland
Fish Market is located on Shelbyville Road in Middletown. Fresh Fish
- Highland Fish Market Louisville
is a list of links to pages throughout Highland Fish Market. Highland Fish is your Seafood Connection
in Louisville, KY. We are located in Middletown, but are within driving distance from these areas: St. Matthews,
Chenoweth Square (Shelbyville Road, Frankfort Avenue), The Highlands (Bardstown Road), and Hurstbourne.
Middletown is in the East End. St. Matthews (Chenoweth Square, Frankfort Avenue, Shelbyville Road, Hurstbourne are
also considered to be in the East End. Bardstown Road is only a mile or two from the East End. Highland Fish Market
is Louisville's Connection for Fish and Seafood in Louisville, KY. You want Recipes? We have Recipes!
Over 3,100 Fish and Seafood Recipes. We are your Fish and Seafood Recipe Connection in Louisville.